From time to time, the Department of Psychology will post opportunities to this page and update this information.
As always, please remember that we do not explicitly endorse the opportunities that we pass along and we recommend that you do your own research. Our faculty would be happy to help students and alumni with that process.
If you would like to have an opportunity posted here, please email details to Steve Antol (email@example.com).
For information on external career services and professional organizations, please use this link.
The Psychology STAR Scholars Program(Students Tackling Advanced Research) is an important educational outreach initiative designed to facilitate underrepresented students’ involvement in research and help understand why research is important in a greater context, ensure equal opportunities for students and continue to break down barriers and ensure success for all students.
In addition to supporting the diversity initiatives within the Department of Psychology, the STAR Scholars program seeks to:
- Prepare students to be researchers
- Provide structured mentoring
- Increase the number of students conducting advanced research
- Academically support an inclusive community of students
Ready to get involved?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HIM/MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN
- Location: WILLOUGHBY, Ohio
- Categories: Support and Entry Level, Administration, Behavioral Health, Medical Billing, Support Staff
- Shift: Day
- Req ID: 92025
- Facility: Windsor Laurelwood Center for Behavioral Medicine
Major Duties/ Responsibilities: Collecting charts from units, assembly & analysis of inpatient and outpatient charts, fulfillment of Release of Information requests, copying patient charts for audits, pulling charts for units, assisting outside phone calls, filing, reviewing patient charts for accuracy and report errors to HIM supervisor/director, responsible for sending transition records to the continuing care provider. Assist in other daily departmental activities as required.
- Experience Required: 3 years in Medical Records
- Skills Required: Typing speed of at least 40 wpm. Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Education Required: Graduation from a medical records program. RHIT or CCS preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds to transfer files and boxes of charts and spend 90% of working tie in environment of continuous low voices and office machine noise typical for a business office.
- License/Registration Required: Preferred RHIT, RHIA, CCS, AAPC
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449
Classroom Behavior Therapist
Our facilities are dedicated to treatment, education, and research for children, adolescents, young adults and families dealing with autism spectrum disorders. The Lerner School is a full year center-based program that utilizes the principles of ABA. The school serves students diagnosed with autism ages 2-22. The Classroom Behavior Therapist position is full time, salaried position with benefits.
- Implements specific curricula designed to work toward each student’s goals using ABA techniques
- Follows and implements behavior plans
- Creates and prepares all necessary student materials
- Maintains professional communication with families and co-workers
- Tuition Reimbursement
- BCBA Supervision Hours
- Resident Educator Mentoring
- Generous Paid Time Off (7 weeks plus additional time accrued)
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Child Life, Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, Education or closely related field
- Experience with Autism, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Educational Aide Permit (EAP) through the Ohio Department of Education
Visit clevelandclinic.jobs and search Classroom Behavioral Therapist to apply today.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Rewarding & Enjoyable Summer Teaching Jobs
Teach Reading Classes to Students of All Ages
Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2021
The Institute of Reading Development is now hiring summer teachers for our live online reading skills programs for students of all ages. Our programs provide students with the skills, books, and experiences they need to achieve greater success in school and beyond.
As an Institute teacher you will:
• Earn between $600-$700 per week.
• Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
• Gain valuable teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to high school students.
• Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We provide comprehensive training and ongoing support for our teachers, so we do not require teaching certification or experience to apply. All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher and must be available to teach classes five days a week, including both weekend days. We are looking for full-time teachers with availability to work 37-40 hours per week during the summer. There will be some opportunities for continued employment with the Institute after the summer.
Successful Institute teachers:
• Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure.
• Are responsible and hard-working, with strong communication and organizational skills.
• Are comfortable and confident with technology.
• Are patient and supportive with students and parents.
Learn more about us and our reading programs at https://readingprograms.org/about-us/.
ScribeAmerica is looking to hire about 400 scribes between now and late summer for full-time and part-time positions. Clinic hours are Mon-Fri 8-5 pm and candidates must be able to work at least 2 shifts per week for at least a year.
ScribeAmerica hires and trains medical scribes to work alongside physicians in medical facilities Nationwide. They are excited to let you know they have begun hiring for part-time and full-time positions in the Cleveland area!
*Candidates must be able to work at least 2-weekday shifts per week 8-5p for at least a year.
Scribes provide real-time charting for physicians by shadowing them throughout their shifts. As a scribe you will:
- Work side by side with physicians as they see patients
- Document the patient history, chief complaint, physical exam & procedures
- Prepare plans for follow up care
- Assist with other clerical duties for the provider
So, if you are looking to take your first steps in the medical field then check out their website at www.scribeamerica.com and fill out their online application.
ScribeAmerica will also be hosting several virtual info sessions over the next several weeks if you would like to learn more about the company and the position. If you are interested in attending you can RSVP using the link below.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the position, please contact Tara Bray Wade: email@example.com.