Do I have to be considered an underrepresented minority in medicine (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska native) to apply
-Though strong consideration is given to applicant’s that are considered underrepresented minorities (URMs), applicants do not have to identify as an URM to apply. We also consider students who are from disadvantaged background*, underserved**, first-generation college students, Pell Grant eligible, graduates of the foster care system, and/or Veterans.
Do I need to apply to CSU before applying to the Pathways to Practice programs?
-No Students will apply directly to the program first. If accepted, students will then be instructed on how to apply to CSU.
I received my degree(s) from a university in another country, will my credits transfer.
-Depends, contact the International Admissions Office to find out which courses will transfer and their equivalences to CSU courses.
As a CSU undergraduate student, do I have to be in the honors program, scored at least a 26 on the ACT or have graduated top 10% of my class?
-No, these requirements no longer apply.
What courses must be completed prior to starting the program?
- General Chemistry I w/ lab (or equivalent)
- General Chemistry II w/ lab (or equivalent)
- One semester of Biology w/ lab
Do I have to have a MCAT score to be accepted into the program?
- No, the program is designed to help students prepare for the MCAT.
I’ve taken the MCAT 3 years ago and scored a 500 or better, will NEOMED accept my scores?
-No, scores can be no older than three years old when matriculating to the medical school.
Am I guaranteed admission to NEOMED if accepted into the early assurance program?
- No, in order to matriculate to NEOMED, students must complete all required perquisite courses, have a BCPM*** GPA of 3.4, have a program GPA of 3.4, and achieve at least a 500 on the MCAT****
Are there any fees associated with the program?
- No, students will follow the same general tuition fee schedule as the university. There are no additional fees associated with the program.
Do I have to submit all of my unofficial transcripts when applying, even if I did not receive my degree from a particular college/university?
- Yes, students will need to submit all unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts are typically free and easily accessible through the university website.
*Disadvantage is defined students coming from school districts which either fall below 50% if either state average per student’s school district funding or whose students consistently perform below the 50% on state standardized testing
**Underserved is defined as a student coming from a family meeting Ohio state criterion for low-income.
***BCPM= Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math
**** Some conditions apply, students who receive a C+ or C in any of the Organic Chemistry courses must achieve a 505 on the MCAT.