For more information about individual faculty members research click here.
2019-2020 Academic Year
- Shawn Ryan's article "Role of hydrodynamic interactions on chemotaxis of bacterial populations" selected as a featured article on the Journal of Physical Biology webpage for Dec 2019 - Feb 2020
- Barbara Margolius recieved $1.4 Million Grant from the Ohio Board of Regents for FY 2019-2020 for the Choose Ohio First Program
- Hiram López Valdez was selected for participation in the 7th Heidelberg Laureate Forum, Sept. 22-27 in Heidelberg, Germany
Only the 200 most qualified Young Researchers can be given this opportunity to enrich and share the unique atmosphere of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
2018-2019 Academic Year
- Shawn Ryan was awarded two 2019 USRA awards and an 2019-2020 FRD award from the CSU Office of Research
- Professor Lupton invited to give talk "Towards a Digital Homotopy Theory" at Princeton University on Feb. 28th, 2019
- Professor Fan is a co-PI on an NIH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant (R21)
The NIH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant (R21) titled "Mitochondrial biomarkers in Huntington's Disease" has been chosen for funding for 2019-2021 where Prof. Richard Fan is a co-PI.
- Professor López co-organizing intenational conference
The conference "Algebraic Methods in Coding Theory and Communications", co-organized by Prof. Lopez, will take place Oct. 25-Oct. 30, 2020 at the Casa Matematica Oaxaca (CMO) in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Professor López co-organizing conference
AIM Scientific Board approves a proposal for a SQuaREs workshop co-organized by Prof. Lopez to organize a conference on "Local Recovery of Erasures" to be held Sept. 30 - Oct. 4th, 2019.
- Professor Hurtado Rua (co-PI) recieves NIH Grant
Sandra Hurtdo Rua, in collaboration with Susan Gauthier, Department of Neurology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, received a 5 year (R01) NIH/ NINDS award in the amount of $2,811,634 to Identifying mechanisms of tissue injury in MS lesions: A multi-modality imaging approach. In addition, Sandra Hurtdo Rua published two joint papers in Journal of Career Assessment and American Journal of Neuroradiology.
- Professor Lupton co-edits book on Topological Complexity and Related Topics
Greg Lupton is a co-editor of a new volume on Topological Complexity and Related Topics which appeared in 2018 in the Contemporary Mathematics series of the American Mathematical Society.
- Professor Lupton organizes Research in Pairs Program at the Oberwolfach Research Institute
Greg Lupton published a joint paper ``Topological Complexity, Robotics and Social Choice” in the Oberwolfach Snapshots of Modern Mathematics series.
This is one of the outcomes of the Research in Pairs Program at the Oberwolfach Mathematics Research Institute in Germany that hosted Greg Lupton in July of 2017.
- CSU Undergraduate A. Sulak publishes paper with Professor Ryan in SIURO
Shawn Ryan together with Anthony Sulak, an undergraduate CSU student published a paper on ``Optimal Shape of Water Towers” in the SIAM Undergraduate Research Journal a premier journal for undergraduate original research in mathematics.
- Professor Quinn's Research presented at Congressional Briefing
Linda Quinn’s series of 9 papers on Paid Sick Leave published in 2015-2018 has received multiple national press and cited in several legislative acts, including US News & World Report, The Hartford Business Journal, and Health Affairs. This research was presented in a Congressional Briefing.
- Prof. Margolius serves as Chair for Program Committee of MAA Ohio Section
Barbara Margolius served as chair of the Program Committee of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Ohio Section. The MAA Fall 2017 and a Spring 2018 conference was attended by about 300 people total.
- Professors Munther and Ryan awarded gratn from Public Health Agency of Canada
Daniel Munther and Shawn Ryan continue their work on “Mechanisms of Bacterial Contamination in Poultry Chill Tanks” supported by a $10,000 grant from the Public Health Agency of Canada through York University to study. This research activity resulted in 3 publications joint with Zach McCarthy, a graduate CSU student.
- Professors Srinivasan and Munther awarded grant from U.S. Department of Agriculture
Partha Srinivasan, Daniel Munther, and Chandra Kothapalli continue to work on modeling pathogen cross-contamination and chlorine dynamics in fresh produce wash cycles as part of the $258,000 research grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- Professor Wu awarded NIH Grant
Yuping Wu is a co-PI on a $3.1 million NIH grant with the Cleveland Clinic titled “Diet, Gut Microbiota, and Heart Failure”. The goal is to test the hypothesis that gut microbes, via metabolism of specific dietary nutrients, participate in the development of heart failure.