For undergraduate College of Sciences and Health Professions students only.
College of Sciences and Health Professions graduate students must petition through the College of Graduate Studies.
Students are encouraged to contact their advisor for assistance in understanding the College of Sciences and Health Professions petition process, deadlines, and expectations. Several types of COSHP petitions (bolded in the list below) require a meeting with an advisor; students may wish to complete the petition form after that meeting. Click on the link below to submit a petition for any of the following:
- Credit Overload
- Extension of an Incomplete
- Late Withdrawal
- Retroactive Registration
- Upper Division Waiver
If you do not find the appropriate petition topic listed above, it is likely that the topic requires a University Petition. Please contact the College of Science Advising Center for more information about the University Petition process.
The College of Sciences and Health Professions Grade Dispute Petition is linked below. Please click on the link and carefully review the outlined steps. Proceed with completion only if all preliminary steps have been completed.
- All petitions are subject to the review of the College of Sciences and Health Professions Academic Standards Committee.
- Complete and accurate petitions will be held for the next scheduled meeting of the Academic Standards Committee.
- Submission of the petition does not constitute a guarantee of approval.
- Students should note that the Academic Standards Committee holds only a few meetings each semester (contact the College of Sciences and Health Professions Advising Center to learn more about petition submission deadlines for upcoming meetings).